Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Give and Take

God motherfucking taketh away...and then God giveth, and oh, man, did he give today.

I finally blew up at my unfathomable roommate last night. To make a long, drunken tirade short, it ended in my telling him that he should start looking for another roommate.

Now, I don't know if you've perused the "real estate" (there is nothing real, nor estate-like about it...discuss) market lately, but in my week of "fantasy apartment browsing" I've found that things are despairingly bleak. So it was with great glee that I remembered a garbled voice mail message from a friend this weekend that may have mentioned a room opening up in her apartment.

Which it did. Which she has. Which I'm taking. Never mind that it's a seven-story walk-up (I'm sure I'll come to regret saying that, but right now it's still preferable to a yappy dog that pisses & shits wherever and whenever she wants - which is more pitiful than anything, because it really isn't her fault - it's a lack of training/being left cooped up in an apartment for 14-17 hour stretches at a time). Never mind that I REALLY liked living in Brooklyn. Never mind that I have to leave the roof deck behind. Ah, fair roof deck, you have given me many memories and my base tan. Remember that time I christened you, oh, fair roof deck? I do. Oh, yes, yes, yes, I do.

But now I must leave all that behind. I'll just have to think of those 7 stories as my permanent stairmaster. I pity the poor movers. Oh, there will DEFINITELY be movers involved...I value my friendships too much for that one.

0 What'd you say?

Post a Comment

<< Home