Saturday, December 17, 2005

Washington Heights Dunkin' Donuts Part III

And, yet again, I found myself stymied by the phenomenon known as the WHDD vortex: where information provided to servers goes into a black hole, never to be seen again. Since I don't have any plans on breaking up with my boyfriend, I fear that the sequels will be many and mediocre, somewhat akin to the Friday the 13th or Nightmare on Elm Street series'.

Dunkin' Despair in the Heights

Today was an experiment in consistency. I tried to avoid the same developmentally disabled employee, but no amount of averting my gaze could erase the fact that I was next, and she was the server available.
"A large hazelnut latte, please."
[I'd like to note here that it seemed as though she read my lips, and considering that I'm pretty sure she doesn't know English, I found it a slight cause for concern.]
She goes to grab a cup, turns around questioningly. I repeat myself.

"Large hazelnut latte."
Finally the coworker who has a brain cell [and whom I suspect has thrown me knowingly, once again, to this imbecile, because she was able to take my order just a second before but wouldn't make eye contact] says something in what I believe is Spanish to my DDE. And no, I am not refering to Dwight D. Eisenhower. I wish. Latte making commences.
Coworker: "Would you like whipped cream?"
WHA??? I can have WHIPPED CREAM??? Why was I never presented with this option before? Oh, fie, FIE upon thee, Washington Heights Dunkin' Donuts!

So experiment performed with inconclusive results. Except for one. I am 3 for 3 in dissatisfaction.

1 What'd you say?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps, just perhaps, you should try ordering something simpler -- you know, like just coffee. Nah, they'd screw that up, too. But it would provide valuable data for your grand coffee-ordering experiement.

-Steve Junker
(yes, that Steve Junker)

8:21 AM, January 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home