Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Welcome Back, Brendar

For some reason I have the theme song to Welcome Back Kotter in my head right now.
Welcome back,
Your dreams were your ticket out.
Welcome back,
To that same old place that you laughed about.

Well, the names have all changed since you hung around,
But those dreams have remained and they've turned around.

Who'dve thought they'd lead ya? (Who'dve thought they'd lead ya?)
Back here where we need ya? (Back here where we need ya?)

Yeah, we tease him a lot,
Cuz we've got him on the spot.
Welcome back.

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.
Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.


And I am glad to be back. But something has got to give, because I'm also "back" to my lovely habit of getting ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ACCOMPLISHED. There is no one more skilled than I at completely pissing away the day while seemingly getting something done. Nope, it's an illusion, I am not a mover nor a shaker. SOMEONE GIVE ME STRUCTURE!!!

Seriously, the only thing that I managed to do today was go to rehearsal.

And it went well. And I'm excited. But seriously, I get back to the apartment and on the computer and suddenly it's 8:15 PM and it's no longer daylight out and I haven't even cracked my script open again. Although I did look through all my Garbo books. I guess that's something.

I spend an irrational amount of time on my computer. I have 15 days worth of music in my iTunes. I've calculated how I'm going to lay out my new room in Photoshop. I have more freakin' widgets than the population of Lichtenstein. I think it's my boob tube. I've taken to reading random blogs. I've taken to following links from those blogs to other blogs. My eyes are glazed over and I find it hard to focus when looking any distance farther than two feet.

Do they make a medication for this? Sort of like Ritalin for the irrationally absorbed?

0 What'd you say?

Post a Comment

<< Home