Thursday, August 18, 2005

The Reflex

Well, I had my first case of blog-spam today. In case you didn't catch it before I took it down, someone out there thought it useful to use the comment space under the last post as a marketing tool for his pyramid scheme. So apologies to you Max, whose comment was also on that post - in an effort to thwart this loser's tactics, I had to hide all the comments on that particular post.

Now that that is out of the way, what the fuck?!?! I mean, this could signal the end of blogging as we know it. It's bad enough that 60% of the time when you hit the "Next Blog" button it sends you to a blog that is nothing more than spam in it's pure unsent form. But now that courtesy-abiding space can be exploited by these yahoos? It's TOO much.

So, needless to say, methinks the days of comments may be fast approaching it's end. And what's the point of having a blog if no one is commenting on it. Much like the proverbial tree falling in the forest, will it make a sound?

10 What'd you say?

Blogger Unknown said...

I happen to concur with these same sentiments, Brenda Bush. In fact, Brenda Bush, thousands of people all across this great nation of ours are suffering from the same pain. Isn't it time that you, Brenda Bush, stop the suffering? Great deals on powerful and fast-acting medication are just a click away.

11:34 AM, August 18, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you could simply stop, and no one would think less. But if you really think about the internet, its just a bunch of nothing. My two cents, keep going, you'll have people like myself that ust pop on here randomly. THe bottom line is rock out, dont let the internet and it's stupid ways get in your way of expressing yourself. There is always gonna be someone to show up and give there perspective, and that's part of the fun.

And when you say "exploited by these yahoos", i disagree, there more googles.... harr harr!

~Adam
you prob. dont remember me, but I am like John's "little" brother.

9:03 PM, August 18, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent Blog site you've provided, keep it up.
People are raving about the amazing special tips and information about Sell My Car.
Save Time --- Visit at the Sell My Car site.

9:35 PM, August 18, 2005  
Blogger Marisa said...

I can't stand blog spammers! I like your blog, very cool!

10:08 PM, August 18, 2005  
Blogger Nicholas said...

Have you found Geebus? Ok really...I agree. Total bullshit. One day, I'll find a way to track where the spam actually comes from...I'll get an address...and then...there will be several less spam companies in the world....because I'll smash them all into bloody pulps.

1:09 AM, August 19, 2005  
Blogger Cycloptichorn said...

I think there may be an option requiring a word verification in order to post a comment; check with the blogger help page.

Cheers, nice site

3:07 PM, August 19, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

InterComm 1.3 collaboration tool gets a failing grade
Stowe Boyd, President/COO of Corante, is a well-known media subversive, and an internationally recognized authority on real-time, collaborative and social technologies.
Interesting blog! I'm going to bookmark you!

I have a cabaret magic blog. It pretty much covers cabaret magic related stuff.

If your interested then please come and check it out if you get time :-)

3:08 PM, August 19, 2005  
Blogger Brenda said...

Ack!!! This is nuts...seriously, either I've entered some cosmic hiccup in the space/time/blog continuum, or something fishy is going on here.

Gabe - hilarious, as usual.

Adam - I totally remember, John talks about you ALL the time.

Marisa - thanks for the compliment!

Nick - Will try to rectify the situation as to save you the time and energy needed to convert said blogspammers into the equivalent of Hunt's Tomato Paste.

Jeff - Thanks for the advice!!! I'm trying that now.

Still strikes me as insanely random - it's not like you would find the blog text on a search engine yet, huh?

3:23 PM, August 19, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that is the most spam in one comments section as I've ever seen. Sorry about your luck, great blog though, keep it up. I'd leave you a link to something funny, but well, I think you have enough of them.

3:45 PM, August 19, 2005  
Blogger mr. simplicity said...

"what's the point of having a blog if no one is commenting on it. Much like the proverbial tree falling in the forest, will it make a sound?"

But.. some people blog for themselves. It's like a diary to them for personal use just that it's online. :S

3:08 AM, August 24, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home