Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Johnny Come Lately...

Why do I end most post titles with an ellipsis? The world may never know.

So it's been a few days since my last posting, and not for lack of desire...but for lack of access. It seems that Time Warner is futzing with the cable system since Sunday evening, so currently, I'm sitting in the furthest corner of my roommate's room, hijacking a signal from the ether. Which begs the question, if we aren't getting a cable signal, how is someone else? Granted, they could be on RCN or some other network, but likely? I think I smell a rat.

Had an interview today for a part-time gig event coordinating and event programming sales for NYC Opera. Interview went well, although I'm not so sure I'm interested in working underneath the NY State Theater. I did my stint working in a basement at Falk (for over a year, and sometimes without A/C (and yes, those times would have been in August)) and the lack of contact with the upper regions of earthbound mortals can become a bit disheartening. Plus, and I wasn't aware of this facet of my current state, I think I've become a job commitmentaphobe. I think I've gotten too used to the freelancing world...which, mind you, is not secure in the least and there is much stress about where the next job is coming from. However, if you find that you don't like working for someone, it's much easier to hang in there and bear it, knowing that the project has a finite end, and after it is over you can choose not to work with them again. Unless you're really broke. And broken. It's all so confusing - I mean, on the one hand it would be steady and only 2.5 days a week, and flexible at that. But what if I really hate what I'm doing, or where I'm working or who I'm working with/for? So much whining for one small girl...

Think it's time to go sit in front of the keyboard...there's a new song in the works, folks.

0 What'd you say?

Post a Comment

<< Home