Friday, July 22, 2005

Ommmmm...or how prenatal yoga saved my life

Well, my life may be an exaggeration...but suffice it to say the yoga class I attended this afternoon (my first yoga class ever, to be precise) was completely awesome. And just incase you're thrown by the prenatal part - it's my friend's class (who just had a baby (it's actually pre and post natal specific)) and additionally I am prenatal...as in I'm not pregnant yet. Which puts me clearly in the pre category. End of sidetrack.

Oh...my...God! It was SO what I needed. This in addition to the fact that I decided to throw caution to the wind and come upstate with Giff & Lisl despite the fact that I'm moving next Friday and desperately need to start packing. So Plus #1: weekend in country with great friends and their smooshy little baby (and awesome dog). Plus #2: Yoga class that didn't threaten to justify my almost always unjustifiable anxiety and fear of things new and foreign that I may just very well not be good at right away. Plus #3: brought up my favorite fucked-up Gore Vidal book, Kalki, to reread. Minus #1: No boy. But we can't have everything, can we? Well, at least not this weekend. Oh, I forgot Plus #4: great leisurely cooking and wine. I will more than likely add to my impending girth this weekend. Which, hopefully, six story walk-up will make a dent in.

Additionally, I've come to the conclusion that since this yoga class proved not to be scary that perhaps I should find one in the city and actually exercise for the first time in 10 years. Maybe that will help with the weird post-quitting smoking fluctuations that my body seems to be going through.

Sorry for lack of pithy in this missive. I guess I'm just too relaxed and in too good of a mood to be sardonic. Yay for me.

3 What'd you say?

Blogger Unknown said...

I knew someone in the Yoga class once...right above the untouchables...really cool and down to earth. Then they stabbed my friend. And that ain't cool.

We can turn that minus into a plus soon.

1:34 AM, July 23, 2005  
Blogger Brenda said...

Why does your comment make little sense...ah, 1:34 AM. That's probably it. ;)

Haha, I emoticoned you. Actually, is Emoticon one of the Transformers?

How's sometime in August? It's GORGEOUS up here. And not humid.

12:20 PM, July 23, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

Emoticon was always sobbing in the corner.

BUMBLEBEE: "Hey...you ok? You want something from the store?"

EMOTICON: "I'm fine. Just...just go."

2:44 PM, July 23, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home