Thursday, August 04, 2005

Alcohol + Overactive Imagination + Feelings of Abandonment = Nothing Good

Why do I always have to win?
Why can't I just let things go?
Why do I sweat not only the small stuff, but also the sweat itself?

And then, conversely (perversely, perhaps):
Why can't I be right for once?

You know, I think that I was meant to be a twin. It's just that my egg didn't split. This would explain much: the artistic vs. tech, the effective vs. irresponsible, the dual-personality disorder. You see, my mom is an identical twin. This is where one egg drops, is fertilized, but then for reasons unknown to science, halves itself. The other, more common form of twinning, fraternal, is when two eggs drop at the same time and are both fertilized. Hence why fraternal twins generally look different, or can be different genders. But, I digress... So, as the old housewives would have it, twins supposedly skip a generation - meaning that if I ever get around to procreating, my chances of having twins are higher than that of the general populace. However, my dichotomous nature causes me to doubt this theory and, instead, propose my own.

I should've been a twin. That way, there'd be twice as much of me to love.

Or hate.

Or give the silent treatment to.

NOBODY PUTS BABY IN THE CORNER!

3 What'd you say?

Blogger Doug Bagley said...

You have a great mind and I am enjoying my discovery of it through your exellent writing.
Thanks.

9:38 PM, August 18, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yo...two souls jumped in...to you...one person...you know this you learned this in detour...dont' fret...that is why you are a crazed relaxer and relaxing crazer...either way...or both ways...you got two souls...remember the gemini...
john on the detour tedeschi

3:01 PM, August 19, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ID twins are 2 spirits, 2 souls just sharing the same DNA. Tough when you lose your ID twin as I did 4 years ago. Life takes on a very different meaning, but also consdier myself lucky to have had a twin for 50 years.

12:40 PM, August 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home