Thursday, August 04, 2005

It's not enough for me

What does one do when they find themselves going down a road that is eerily familiar? A road they seem to have trod many times, with less than spectacular results. Does one simply stop, turn the car around and head for the hills? Is there anyone to ask for directions, should one be looking for road signs or maps? Or does one blithely continue on down the road, perhaps trying to work out where the wrong turn occurred last time?

How many people will be hurt along the way? How many times? And why must I by necessity be one of them?

There are very few things quite as self-indulgent as blogging. You make all these pronouncements with earnest bravura, it all sounds so thoughtful and intellectual...when really, it is just an exercise in the truly selfish art of narcissism. Like anyone cares.

But you always think "someone" must be reading this. And, certainly, they are. But they're not thinking what you'd like to imagine they're thinking. More than likely, what they're thinking is:

"I wonder where the Next Blog button will take me this time."

Jane, get me off of this crazy thing.

2 What'd you say?

Blogger Nicholas said...

Actually, your blog seemed the most interesting one that I found using the "next blog" button. So, I don't think I qualify on that statement.

Keep posting...I'll keep reading.

12:33 PM, August 04, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try Mapquest.com. They give door-to-door directions and even a handy little map. Wait a minute, the problem is you shouldn't be driving anyway. Isn't your license still expired? Make sure you don't get pulled over....

1:43 PM, August 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home