Monday, August 29, 2005

What is the sound of one hand clapping: Ptown Tour - Day 3

Day 3 dawned bright and sunny.

After a hearty breakfast at Caroline's Tip for Tops'n (I will take contributions as to what you think that means, but let me tell you, you won't get it right) John and I proceeded to find the nearest beach. Seemingly two hours or traipsing through the desert with Jesus minus his disciples...

and we finally found ourselves at the beach. The sun was hot, the water was freezing, the clothing was optional (though we kept all of ours on). The sunburn was obtained. We grudgingly made the return trip across the sands of time, following the stars of Bill Whites I's...

Took some swimsuit pictures for Gabe, posterity and amusement (in that order)...


After our little photoshoot, John and I realized we barely had time to doll up for the Tea Dance and promote the show.

We didn't manage to find Mr. Creased Jeans (much to my, John's and seemingly everyone's disappointment), but the Hat Sisters were there in all of their finery.

Note that John was sporting his fabulous Bea Arthur Collection caftan, while everyone else was attired in cargo shorts. Apparently, we both missed the Tea Dance Attire Memo. Caftan Day was Wednesday.

We ran into Bradford Noble, the photographer, who introduced us to Barney Frank, the congressman. Aside from meeting Hedda Lettuce, that was my brush with fame for the tour. Bradford managed to drag several friends to our performance that night, as did John's friend Laura, so we actually had an audience, which was fun and different. I did More Than This, Let Me and Recollections (I was going to open with Just A Day Like Any Other, but at the last moment it made me nervous, so I switched up to one that I felt was more solidly in my fingers). They seemed well-received, but afterward I was just told I was "beautiful", which, I guess is the important thing, right.

Sarcasm drips, oozes, no gushes...

Existential rant for a moment: Okay, okay, I'll admit, OF COURSE I want to be thought of as pretty, beautiful, hot, good-looking, whatever. OF COURSE. But after doing the emotional equivalent of spreading my legs, devoid of clothing, in front of complete strangers, it's sort of not the response I'm looking for. Rant over.

Some drinks in the scary Ptown Inn later, we found ourselves exhausted and in bed. Yay.

5 What'd you say?

Blogger Unknown said...

hubba hubba!

I'm no gayologist, but those two fellows posing with John in that one photo are off the gaycharts. I suppose it's not that surprising that they both kind of look like Mr. Belvidere.

1:56 PM, August 29, 2005  
Blogger Nicholas said...

Well, not that it makes any difference probably but I find you incredibly sexy/hot/desirable for more than just your body(which is verra nice) so, take that compliment to the bank. And Gabe is right....wow...Mr. Belvedere look alikes! haha Gabe you crack me up.

2:20 PM, August 30, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny, funny story!
ps: I'm familliar with such hats...
(ha. remembering two friends with giant fish-hats.)
A near crash and close call walking by, I shouted,
"Watchit...You'll get impailed by a swordfish"...
(to the "O-o-o-o-o!" of the group.)

9:13 PM, August 30, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummy!

1:45 AM, August 31, 2005  
Blogger Brenda said...

Gabe: Yes, they have a similarity to Mr. Belvedere, but I will say that I would kill for the legs of the one on the left. Seriously, that guy had Charo legs. And Charo has legs to kill for, even in her 60's.

Nick: Why, thank you sir!

MB: Would probably have been a good party to be sporting a fishing pole and waders to, no?

D: Even though you seem to be anonymous, I know who you are, you sly devil.

I will say, that despite my trepidations, it's been somehow weirdly freeing to post a picture of myself in a swimsuit. I guess mostly because I'm not perfect, but I maybe I'm finally okay with that. I mean, we can't all be Lindsay Lohan (I'm not even sure if she can be, much longer).

My roommate just said the funniest thing as she was shopping for her iPod on the Apple Store Website:
"It's like dressing up a Barbie, really. I can get the Boze Sound Reducing Headphones and the Arm Band..."

8:10 PM, September 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home