Sunday, April 23, 2006

Same as it ever was...

I sit here, in my friend's house upstate, drunk, and listening to music on my headphones, staring at the ceiling.  And I recall, times in my youth, not necessarily drunk, but listening to music, staring at the ceiling.  First Depeche Mode and A-Ha.  Then Barber's Adagio for Strings and The Righteous Brother's song that was used in Ghost.  Then Orff's Carmina Burana.  Then Barber's Prayers for Kierkegaard.  Then Paula Cole's Ordinary.  Then Elvis Costello's It's Time.  Then a lot of angry girls.  Then Curve.  Then it was Earth, Wind and Fire's After the Love Has Gone.  Then it was Ludo.  But now it's Ludo's new tune, Save Our City (it's not a direct link, but get over it).  You should all listen to it.  It sums up about everything that I like about real rock.  Anthem, melody, chromatic knowledge and beats from God.  I seriously might just move out to St. Louis and TRY to open for these guys.  Because they know where it's at.  They have true musical knowhow and they have fun while they are superior to all (without thinking they're superior at all).  Any band that would make you thrash privately in ways that would embarrass you publicly is a worthy band in my book.  I feel like I'm 16 again.  And just as depressed.

And, by the way, anyone who's waiting for me to comment on recent events... I'm still waiting to get a handle on them.  Needless to say, I'm a bit lost, of my own doing, but I made the best decision I could, I think, for both of us.  I hope the world is a better place than he thinks it is.  He definitely is better than he will ever believe he is.  I wish I could change that, but that is not my gift to give.  Good night, and good luck.

4 What'd you say?

Blogger Brenda said...

I just want to kill your fucking spammer ass. I pour my heart out and this is what I get because I was the most updated blog when your spamself happened to walk by. A pox on you, your family and everyone you love. It's not enough, but it's all my drunk and emotional ass can come up with. Save our city, keep our souls, Lord, rise down and fight. Motherfucker. Asshole. That is all.

3:33 AM, April 23, 2006  
Blogger Brenda said...

What I meant to say was...

Anything can be a weapon if you're holding it right.

Not my quote, but Ludo's, and, somehow, appropriate.

3:46 AM, April 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paula Cole's "Ordinary," huh? Such a tune, haven't thought about it in years since our copy of "Harbinger" was "borrowed" by a forgetful friend who's moved one too many times. Now that gorgeous bridge is lodged in my head, and for that I thank you. And I wish you light at the end of the "recent events" tunnel that is not an oncoming train.

5:32 PM, April 24, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Brenda,

You will always remain my favorite person in the world. Not only because of how much I will always love you, but because you did give me that gift. And for that I can only thank you

2:57 PM, April 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home