Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Movie Magic - or how I learned to hate The Industry

I think working four features in a row has been detrimental to my own enjoyment of movies, even recorded programs in general (not reality TV, though - never enjoyed that - okay, except Project Runway or America's Next Top Model, but I think of them more as game shows than "reality" TV, because there IS no reality on those shows, every situation is prefabricated and constructed to elicit good TV - or at least TV that people will tune into like a redneck eyeing fresh roadkill on the side of the highway - by which I mean, Dad, is that you?).

Okay, Rant of Ages cleft for me...

Back to the subject at hand - I have difficulty watching the television now without thinking:

"Boy, I wonder how many takes that was?"

"Hell, how many set-ups did they have on that shot?"

"He clearly was turning left in the wide shot, but now he's turning right in the medium."

"I wonder if their lunch was always lukewarm?"

"Ewwww, lot of exteriors in the rain on that one.  Yikes."

Basically, unless you are such a Sci-Fi extravaganza that I don't have time to think of the crew torture factor, you have now been rendered unenjoyable by my punishing existence as a crew member.

Oh, it is Movie Magic, isn't it?

0 What'd you say?

Post a Comment

<< Home