Friday, June 03, 2005

Eureka is not just a vacuum cleaner!

Breakthrough!!! I have taken two malformed songs and combined them into one kick-ass song! Well, there are still some bridge lyric issues to be dealt with, but BLAMMO!!! This is not my first time cannibalizing from my own partly finished works, however it is the first time I have taken two completely finished songs, chucked the parts that I didn't like and combined them. Eu-frickin-reka, man!!!

I am stoked. Although, i still feel like hell roasted over an even hotter fire then flattened into a thin sheen of ghee over the pate of a bald man after yesterday. I'm not sure of the last time, if even ever, I was up for 36 hours. Maybe a freshman year all-nighter in college, but I'm not even sure of that. Seriously, there must have been a steamroller involved (oh, wait...there WAS a steamroller on set...hmmmmm...did I black out or something?).

In other news, I had recently been part of a discussion of what a sad state Billy Dee Williams' (Empire Strikes Back's Lando Calrissian, for those not in the know) career must be in. Apparently not so!!! An item in EW reports:

Billy Dee Williams, 68 has pulled out of the Broadway-bound musical The Mambo Kings due to an aggravated hip injury.

Okay. Three things. Billy. 68. Mambo. Should we set him up with Rita Moreno?

(think West Side Story...)

"A boy like that, could kill Han Solo,
And now he wants to try the Mambo.
Think hip replacement,
Career in basement!

"A hip that kills cannot dance.
A hip that kills costs you the part,
And now you're done, you silly geriatric fart!
Not so smart, dear Billy, not so smart!

"You should know better.
You were Lando, you ruled Bespin.
You should know better..."

(Billy's reply...)

"I had the clouds, and that's all that I had,
Right or wrong, what else could I do?
I froze him, that's right.
My friend who stayed the night, that is true.

"I had the clouds, but much more did I need,
Right or wrong, that Leia's too cute.
I sold him, for shame
A bad guy I became
My career hit the skids

Then Mambo, Mambo came calling
At 68, should I know that
Now it's too late!"

Okay, that was crazy.

2 What'd you say?

Blogger Unknown said...

My two cents, sung to the tune of America:

"Yoda's been exhiled to Degobah,
plenty of swampland in Degobah,
Luke raised a spaceship in Degobah,
by using the Force here in Degobah"

Ugh, I now have to wrestle a gun out of my nerdy mouth...

6:10 PM, June 03, 2005  
Blogger Brenda said...

You think you're nerdy? It's Dagobah.

"Luke faced the Dark Side at Dagobah,
shot off at the mouth here on Dagobah,
Yoda was patient on Dagobah
'Do or do not do' on Dagobah."

8:09 PM, June 06, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home