Friday, March 18, 2005

And a new song is born

So, given the title, you'd think this blog would be about a new song...and...you'd be right! However, it is quite different from any song I've started writing before. And, unfortunately for my friend Matt, that does not mean it's a happy song. Sorry, not quite that different.

It's just very bare. And very dissonant. And I'm not sure where it goes. I'm toying right now with the Depeche Mode instrumental idiom of perhaps just letting it repeat and build (think Pimpf, Kaleid, etc.). I'm almost afraid to fuck it up with words. I mean, don't get me wrong, it needs a melody (it's not nearly as compelling as Pimpf), but I'm just not so sure on the what. Anyway...I'm glad for the departure...I always wanted to write like DM (pre Personal Jesus). Please...I stopped writing in high school just because I realized I was writing like Debbie Gibson when I wanted to be DM, PSB, etc. That was a hard one to swallow.

This seems to be a pointless "I'm awake and no one else is and this new song is really bugging me" blog. Well, it is. And I'm going to now get another beer. Yay for beer.

I'm here to prove that it's possible to be just as much a lost soul at 33 as when you get out of school. I'm really good at a lot of things, but not so good at any of them.

And there is your existential rant for the night. I'm going to sign off before I say anything more.

0 What'd you say?

Post a Comment

<< Home