Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Catching up with...

I haven't posted in ages. Good news, I'm working my ass off. Bad news, I'm working my ass off.

It recently occurred to me that I don't believe in God. The non-belief has been on for years, but the ramifications of it only occurred to me about a month or two ago.

This means that when I die, that's it. I cease to exist. Period. No consciousness aware of it, no heaven, no hell, no nothing. Complete erasure.

I find this absofuckinglutely intolerable. Why the fuck are we trying to fix races or the economy or the price of grain in Uzbekistan? Why aren't we, as a human race, trying to find a way to fix life?

More to come on this topic, as I freak out about it more and more. And don't try to sell me religion - been there, done that, and believe me... I WISH I could believe.

Labels: , ,

3 What'd you say?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out "The Skeptics' Guide to the Universe" podcast and blog. You might find some solace there.

3:27 PM, May 05, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scratch that, start here instead:
http://skepchick.org/blog/

3:52 PM, May 05, 2008  
Blogger Brenda said...

Thanks - I'm going to check it out now. I didn't even think anyone was reading this anymore after my sporadic posting took hold.

5:23 PM, June 09, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home